Concussion rehabilitation shares some crossover with vestibular rehabilitation but is generally applied to those individuals that suffer from acute or longstanding concussion symptoms from a contact or non contact related concussion.
Our concussion and vestibular therapists have extensive post graduate training in this unique branch of physiotherapy.
After a thorough concussion or vestibular assessment that includes several tests, a physiotherapist can differentiate the various causes of symptoms and guide the implementation of your personalized treatment plan.
Treatment methods can include:
- strengthening neck muscles
- Manual therapy to optimize joint movement
- Myofascial techniques to optimize surrounding soft tissues movement and flexibility
- Balance exercises
- Eye tracking and coordination exercises
Some conditions that we treat:
- Acute and longstanding concussion symptoms
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Cervicogenic dizziness