Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy is a branch of Physiotherapy that specializes in prevention, management and rehabilitation of clients living with cardiorespiratory and pulmonary conditions. We work with individuals experiencing a number of symptoms including shortness of breath, increased secretion production, and respiratory muscle weakness.
We work collaboratively with your health care team including Physicians and Respirologists to provide safe, effective and individualized treatment plans. Our goal is to assist you in developing strategies and routines to help you achieve your personal goals and get back to what is most important to you.
Treatments methods may include:
- Education regarding your conditions and management methods
- Monitored exercise programs
- Teaching airway clearance techniques such as: autogenic drainage, active cycle of breathing, huff/coughing
- Providing appropriate airway clearance devices
- Breathing and relaxation techniques to better cope with shortness of breath
Some of the more common conditions we treat include:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ciliary Dyskinesia
- Long COIVD or Post-COVID Conditions