Advanced training in manual therapy is the cornerstone of our clinic.
Our philosophy is based on that of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy – we aim to use hands on assessment and treatment to identify the root cause of a patient’s pain and integrate the most up to date research and techniques to provide solutions to help them return to full function.
Our therapists spend time listening to each individual patient’s story and thoroughly assessing to get to the root cause of the pain or dysfunction. Then treatment plans are drawn with the patient to ensure both the rehabilitation goals and the individual patient’s goals are in the forefront of the planning process. The ultimate goal is to educate each patient about their pain and provide them the knowledge to be an active participant in the rehabilitation journey and tools to maintain this success long after you finish with physiotherapy to reduce the risk of relapse.
In order to possess this specific skillset, our therapists have undergone extensive training in the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy program.
FCAMPT physiotherapists undergo extensive training following graduation from their entry-level physiotherapy programs in the area of orthopaedics and hands-on therapy. This is usually a 5 year process of course work, and multiple paper and practical examinations.
CAMPT-Certified physiotherapists are Fellows of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT) that have successfully completed the fully internationally recognized qualifications in hands-on manipulative therapy, including successful completion of practical examinations.
Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT) is a trademarked and protected title that only CAMPT-Certified members can use . The title signifies that you have completed post-graduation training in hands on therapy techniques that meet international standards.
FCAMPT training improves the physiotherapists ability to:
- Identify, understand and treat a wide range of injuries and diseases.
- To use hands-on assessment and treatment techniques which can improve accuracy and results.
- To integrate research into assessment and treatment making treatment and results more consistent.
- To think globally about injuries including what it does to function AND the impact on daily life. This means not just walking, driving and sleeping – but how it impacts family, work, financial income, hobbies, social and public responsibilities, emotions, relationships, stress… and more.
- Think globally about diseases not just be focused on what hurts, but what led to the pain, what healing and recovery can be expected, how long healing will take, what the impact will be long term on joints, nerves, organs, balance, coordination, medications… and more.
- To perform joint manipulations as a treatment technique.
If you are looking for exceptional care, choose a CAMPT-certified physiotherapist. The title signifies that our physiotherapists have completed extensive post-graduate training in hands on therapy techniques that meet international standards.
How can I know for sure that my physiotherapist is CAMPT-certified?
Only a CAMPT-certified physiotherapist is allowed to display the official CAMPT logo in their offices, business cards and other marketing items. Look for the CAMPT logo!
Return to your life with less pain.
Call us today if you are looking for an advanced manual therapist to help you return to your life with less pain.