Our Paediatric therapists offer one on one assessment and treatment plans targeted at specific physical functional and participation goals of the child and their family related to gross motor function. Treatments may target range of motion restrictions, strength deficits, balance, motor planning, and/or deconditioning following injury or surgery, in a fun and interactive manner.
Conditions treated at our clinic include:
- Plagiocephaly and torticollis in infants (flattening of the skull, head tilting and/or tight muscles of the neck),
- Idiopathic Toe Walking (in typically developing children),
- Gross Motor Function Developmental Assessment of infants and pre-schoolers and treatment suggestions for noted delays,
- Education for new parents regarding positioning, developmental play and tummy time,
- Orthopaedic conditions including post fracture, post operative, post injury or related to splinting/bracing (ie: hip dysplasia, Achilles tendon lengthening etc.)
- Physical conditions related to neurological conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida
Please note that because we are a private physiotherapy clinic and do not have access to a larger interdisciplinary team or diagnostic equipment, we make every effort to communicate with your family doctor if further referral or intervention is recommended. We may not be able to accommodate children with complex needs that extend beyond the capacity of our facility. Also, although we may make recommendations for equipment, bracing or seating, we do not have the ability to source or modify specialty equipment. In certain circumstances, home visits or specialty reports for caregivers may be arranged for an additional fee.